Thursday, June 30, 2011

Everyone Loves a Parade

When some people think about parades, they picture a few floats and marching bands, perhaps a beauty queen and her court, and a local politician or two waving at the onlookers. Something like this. Being from San Francisco, however, means that when I think about parades, I think of huge strings of firecrackers, dancing lumberjacks, Shriners in fezzes, drag queens, and tens of thousands of people. Here are a few photos that I've taken at recent parades:

This dragon closes every Chinese New Year Parade in San Francisco

Shriners in their tiny cars at the St. Patrick's Day Parade

My favorite marching band, the CSU-Humboldt Lumberjacks. 

The Pride Parade wouldn't be complete without these ladies...


...or this gent.





Now this is my kind of float (at the Italian Heritage Parade).
But of course, my all time favorite parade was the
2010 Giants World Series Champion Parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment